Monday, 27 August 2012

Irish Woman is New Face of Lingerie Brand- published in The Irish World


A Corkonian mother of two has been chosen from thousands by a leading lingerie brand to represent “real women in their new campaign.

Rebecca Barrett from Ballydehob is the only Irish woman out of the ten selected from across the UK and Ireland to appear in the big-budget Ultimo campaign.

Rebecca,35, applied via Twitter when the brand launched a search earlier this year.

The aim of the campaign is to celebrate the figures of normal women by featuring ladies with natural curvy bodies in the brands lingerie.

Rebecca’s picture will soon be seen across Debenhams stores across the UK and Ireland.

Rebecca said; "I have gained some confidence in myself and I'm starting to believe in myself. I loved being pampered and feeling special. I loved posing for the photos, I loved the look they gave me. I actually felt good in my own skin. I honestly cant wait to see the pictures. I'm a mom, I take my kids to school, clean the house, cook the dinner, I host mother foreign students during the summer, so my time is all used up on other people...I don't get pampered often.”

The winners were treated to a celebrity-style fashion shoot with photographer Dan Kennedy, as well as royal treatment from make-up artists, stylists and lighting experts.

The UK designer lingerie brand is known for its previous high-profile celebrity ambassadors such as Luisana Lopilato, Mel B and Sarah Harding.

Creator of Ultimo, Michelle Mone said:”I love the Ultimo Real Women
campaigns, its gives us the opportunity to showcase some of the beautiful ladies out there who otherwise might not get the chance to model lingerie.”

"The campaign has always had a charity element so this year we have two charity winners included. Since the campaign started we have raised an incredible £120,000 for charities including Breast Cancer Care, Cash for Kids and Children with Lukemia.""

No comments:

Post a Comment